- September 21 2019, 12:00 pm
- September 22 2019, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 26 2019, 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- September 26 2019, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- October 24 2019, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- November 28 2019, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
People who speak up to defend air, water, land and forests are seeking to protect the rights and well being of their communities. They play a crucial role for the environment and all who depend on it.
Yet earth defenders are being “rewarded” with a terrifying increase in threats, attacks and killings. Indigenous peoples and racial minorities face the greatest danger. Women earth defenders face gender specific aggression, including sexual violence and threats against their children.
Research shows Latin America is the most dangerous region in the world to defend land, Indigenous rights and the environment. Amnesty International Canada is inviting support for a campaign to defend environmental human rights defenders and the communities they represent.