The Toronto National Office of Amnesty International provides services to the public and to local AI members. Drop in during our office hours (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 10AM and 5PM) to:
- Learn more about our organization - and how you can get involved
- Research human rights violations around the world, using our extensive files
- View or borrow videos on Amnesty or on particular countries
- Purchase Amnesty International publications, including our Annual Report
- Buy some of our great T-shirts, caps, greeting cards, and gift item
The Toronto office is also home to the Canadian Section's Urgent Action Network (UAN). Urgent Appeals are relayed by e-mail from the International Secretariat in London. Within a few hours, telegrams, telexes or faxes are sent on behalf of people suffering grave human rights abuses. Case sheets are distributed to UAN members across Canada.
The office serves as a meeting place for AI groups, networks, and committees, and specialized teams. New member orientation nights and other special events are also held in the office. Service to the public is provided by an Office Coordinator and a team of dedicated volunteers.